Our Church’s Wider Mission (OCWM) and Christian Education is co-sponsoring the next installment of the Social Justice Book Club! Starting Thursday, January 14th, from 7:00-8:00 PM in the BUCC “Zoom Room”, it will continue for the next several Thursdays at the same time.
We will be discussing Love is the Way: Holding on to Hope in Troubling Times, by Bishop Michael Curry. You may purchase a copy here or anywhere books are sold!
Each chapter addresses a common question Bishop Curry has been asked by people he has met during his travels:
- What is love?
- How do I find God’s love?
- How do I find the energy to keep loving when the world seems to be going the other way?
- Can love really change the world?
- Won’t loving everybody make me a doormat?
- I’m just a regular person, so how can my love have an impact?
- I’m told to love my neighbor, but who is my neighbor?
- What if loves reveals me to be a hypocrite?
- Do I have to love even my enemy?
- How can love overcome what divides us and move us forward together?
- Does love mean avoiding politics?
- How can love make “E pluribus Unum” real in America without erasing anybody?
We will create a reading schedule for the remainder of the book, and assign weekly discussion leaders at our first meeting. Even if you haven’t had time to read, please feel free to join in and listen to the discussion – we’d love to have enough folks involved to need breakout rooms! If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Kate Klonowski at email@example.com or 216-534-3498.