That’s a question we will be discussion for five Tuesday evenings in Lent, from 7:00-8:15 pm in Pilgrim Hall. For this series, we will look at the “Beatitudes” which are found in Jesus’ Sermon on the Mount in Matthew, and in Jesus’ “Sermon on the Plain” in Luke. In addition to comparing both Gospel accounts, we will utilize some intriguing insights from a set of daily devotional readings by Franciscan priest Richard Rohr. Plus, we will share the issues, questions, thoughts and ideas that each of you bring to the table!
The topics for the evenings will be:
- Feb. 20 – Blessed are the poor [in spirit]
- Feb. 27 – Blessed are those who mourn,.
- March 6 – Blessed are the pure in heart
- March 13 – Blessed are the peacemakers
- March 20 – Blessed are those who are persecuted