Looking Beyond Our Doors
OCWM at BUCC is involved in multiple efforts to collaborate with and support our neighbors locally, nationally, and internationally.
Ministry Co-Chairs (2022): Chad Sproul & Kate Klonowski
Our current partnerships, activities, and beneficiaries include:
- Serving Community Meals (with a local collective of churches)
- Edna House for Women
- International Newcomers Academy
- Prentiss Autism Center (P.E.P Day Treatment Center)
- The Refugee Response
- Sharing America’s Resources Abroad (S.A.R.A.)
- Raise funds, services, or collect items for individuals, families, or areas in need
- Annual “Last-Minute-Mart” during the month of December to support a beneficiary identified by the Christian Education Ministry
We also host book clubs, movie discussions, and special events surrounding social justice and service issues. Ideas or suggestions for programming or activities are encouraged!
BUCC is a “5 for 5” church and holds annual collections for OCWM Basic Support and our four special mission offerings: Neighbors in Need, One Great Hour of Sharing, Strengthen the Church, and The Christmas Fund.
OCWM traditionally meets the first Sunday of the month after church services (during coffee hour) in the BUCC library.